Our School App Stay connected on the go...
Key Stage 5
AQA Psychology (7182)
|Year 12||Year 13|
Key Stage 5 assessment
- Students are set flipped learning tasks involving note-taking from the pschology blog.
- Short answer questions are set on a regular basis.
- Students will be given timed essays in order to develop their written skills in time conditions.
- Multiple-choice quizzes will be used for every topic with Quizalize software.
- Consistent retrieval practice in the classroom via questionning, whiteboard quizzes and starter activities.
Curriculum enrichment outside of the classroom
In Year 12, students start to have access to online textbooks and a personalised psychology blog that has been developed by the department: https://mrsharrispsychology.school.blog/. The blog not only covers course content, but provides up to date opportunities, wider reading, career guidance and more. We also strongly recommend that every student downloads the BPS Research Digest app as this provides accessible snippets of the latest research in Psychology. Every student has the opportunity to purchase their own copy of Psychology Review, but this will also be available in the library. In order to get a flavour of numerous exciting topic areas, the department recommends that students independently visit the Welcome Institute, Freud’s House and The Old Bailey, as well as take out a student membership of the BPS in order to take advantage of lecture opportunities in London. In Year 12 we encourage you to apply for the National Psychology Competition at Royal Holloway University. If entered, students have the opportunity to compete against other schools. There are also opportunities throughout the year to attend one day lecture conferences in London.