Our School App Stay connected on the go...
Sixth formers should be smartly dressed at all times and take pride in their appearance, recognising that they are dressing for a formal working environment and helping to set the tone for the rest of the school. Smart, appropriate attire is expected at all times. Students may therefore wear from the following:
- A suit in black, blue, grey or navy incorporating trousers or skirt; or separate trousers, skirt or dress, worn with formal top/shirt/blouse where appropriate, and a jacket.
- A formal top, shirt or blouse must be worn. T-shirts, vests or other similar styles are not permitted. Ties are required for boys. With all tops, shirts, blouses and dresses, shoulders and midriffs must not be showing.
- Skirts and dresses must be of a respectable length. Bodycon or Lycra style garments must not be worn.
- Shoes must be formal and in keeping with the above. Boots may only be worn if they are of a formal style (eg block heeled/Chelsea boots).
- Jewellery should be kept to a minimum, consistent with good taste and safety. Apart from pierced ears (no more than two piercings in either ear and only studs), no other piercing is allowed.
- Affordable work wear can be purchased at a range of high street retailers including Zara Basics, H&M and New Look.
- School lanyards must be worn at all times. This is so that all members of the school community can be clearly identified for the safety and security of staff and students.
- The final arbiter in relation to any interpretation of any school policy, including uniform, is the Headteacher.
Any students who fail to adhere to the terms of the dress code above will face sanctions. In the first instance, this will result in a warning and for any subsequent violations parents will be informed and students may be sent home to make amendments to their dress that will conply with the dress code.
Please ensure that ALL items are clearly and indelibly named. Belongings rarely go missing forever, but they are very difficult to locate when unidentifiable.