Our School App Stay connected on the go...
At Key Stage 3, we intend to generate interest and enthusiasm for Textiles in its many forms by giving students a variety of creative opportunities in traditional and contemporary approaches. We aim to develop skills in a range of methods, processes and techniques and enable students to experience a wealth of approaches through various media trials. Students are prepared to use skills and knowledge in a safe and informed way to be able to design and make ambitious and challenging finished pieces that are aesthetically pleasing. At Key Stage 4, we aim to further develop student knowledge and experience to gain a deeper understanding, leading towards increased depth of visual quality produced in designing, experimentation through media trials and final pieces. We aim to provide a range of creative opportunities through topic work, covering landscapes, seascapes, fashion and textiles in cultures throughout the world. All projects require students to draw upon their own interests and experiences to promote individuality of response and personal innovation leading to increased depth of visual response and higher achievement.
Key Stage 3
|Year 7||Year 8||Year 9|
Key Stage 3 assessment
- Students complete two graded assessments - one each half term:
- The first assessment focuses on designing and the second on ‘making.’
- Research work and media trials are also assessed as and when they are done.
Key Stage 4
AQA Art and Design: Textiles Design
|Year 10||Year 11|
Key Stage 4 assessment
- Half termly assessment of portfolio
- End of project assessment
- Regular assessment of research, designing and media trials
- Assessment of mock and externally set assignment
Curriculum enrichment outside of the classroom
- Key Stage 3 Textiles club with a variety of projects (eg soft toy making)
- Key Stage 4 extension before school and lunchtime