Our School App Stay connected on the go...
Scholastic Book Fair
I am delighted to let you know that the Scholastic Book Fair will be in the school library from Monday 30th November – Friday 4th December. This is always a very popular event and I am relieved that it can still take place. There are books to suit both older primary pupils as well as Years 7- 9. Both Scholastic and CGS are concerned that the event is carried out in a safe and considerate way and so the arrangements will be as follows:
- The Book Fair will be open to single year groups at break and lunch:
- Year 7s can visit on Monday 30th November
- Year 8s on Tuesday 1st and Friday 4th December
- Year 9s on Wednesday 2nd and Thursday 3rd December
The Fair will also be open to Year 7s only every morning before school 08:15-08:45, Tuesday 1st – Friday 4th Dec
- The students will be able to browse the wrapped display copies of dozens of books and let you know what they would like.
- The majority of the books are full priced and we receive commission (in book form) on sales over £300.00. However, there some great bargains too - please see attached brochure and titles list.
- We will be opening a Parentpay facility on Monday 23rd November through which you can specify the titles and prices of the book(s) required, and pay for these from your account. Your child will be given copies of these books if they are available while the Fair is in school, otherwise your requests will be added to the main order, for delivery before the end of term. The deadline for Parentpay orders is close of school on Monday 7th December.
- We will also accept cash payments during the Book Fair. Students may use cash to buy the additional copies which I will have in reserve, on the day but if these run out, I will be placing an order immediately after the Book Fair ends so that delivery will be before the end of term.
- Sadly, we will not be able to sell the loose stationery or posters as we have in previous years, although there are stationery packs, personal journals and activity books in the attached information.
So please enjoy browsing through the catalogue below and titles list with your children and please support the Book Fair and the Library either by Parentpay or via your child visiting the Library. In previous years, CGS Library staff have been able to choose between 120 and 150 books for everyone to enjoy from the commission earned.
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Thank you for your support
Mrs Jenet Hill