Our School App Stay connected on the go...
Virtual Fun Run
CGS Virtual Fun Run: 16th November to 31st December
The Friends of Chesham Grammar School would like to invite you to take part in our first ever Virtual Fun Run. As many of you know we had to postpone our first ever actual Fun Run earlier this year and for obvious reasons it’s not possible to set a new date yet. So, to keep the idea alive and perhaps somewhat predictably, we are going virtual!
Run, jog or walk our first ever virtual fun run and help raise funds for the school. Young or old, endurance runner, walker or Couch to 5k-er, you’re all invited to take part.
The event will be for both 5k and 10k distances, in several age groups:
- Year groups up to and including Year 13s
- Adults (18 years and over, excluding Year 13s)
We’ll send a certificate to all participants, with prizes awarded for:
- the best time for each category based on: distance, gender, age group (and year group for students)
- the best fundraisers in each year group
- the best fancy dress outfits (Students and adults: come on teachers!)
Registration is open, so all you need to do is:
- Register here: www.cgsfunrun.org
- Record your run (jog or walk) on your chosen App such as MapMyRun or Strava between 16th November and 31st December
- Send a screen shot with your name and registration number to email@example.com
We’d love as many people as possible to take part, therefore, registration is free or an optional donation plus if you’d like to raise funds for the school then please join the CGS Fun Run Team JustGiving page https://www.justgiving.com/team/CGSFunRun and click “Join Team” to link your sponsorship donations to the fun run target.
Since we can’t get together in person, please share as many photos and videos via our social media channels as possible:
You could even share your times to get some competition going as there’s no need to submit your official event time until nearer the closing date of 31st December!
So go on, why not give it a go? It might be just the motivation you need for some outdoor exercise, improve on your personal best timings, or have fun with some fancy dress. It’s a great time to get out there and do something that’s good for you and good for the school.
We look forward to seeing all your photos, videos and achievements!
Jean Quaife and the FOCGS Fun Run Committee