Our School App Stay connected on the go...
Zoom Meetings / New Parents
Firstly, with the stressful start to the call last week I completely forgot to say WELCOME! to Chesham Grammar School and the Friends of Chesham Grammar. (Hopefully the more I get to use zoom the easier it will be!)
Thanks to Caroline for taking over the slides!
As promised, here are the slides from the meeting -
Links (hopefully I can remember them all)
- Facebook page = https://www.facebook.com/groups/FOCGS/ (note that Miss McNaney does use Twitter quite frequently. (@cgsbucks) and our twitter account is @cgs_pta
- Survey Monkey link - to share with friends who might not have already completed it. (This is the form that says "yes I want to share my contact details with classmates). https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/J9WMKPG
- Shopsmart https://www.cheshamgrammar.org/1433/shopsmart
- Wine Tasting Friday 10th July https://tring.wine/products/chesham-grammar-online-wine-tasting-10th-july-8pm
- Raffle - Tickets on sale through Paypal (don't forget to provide your contact details / email address) https://www.paypal.com/fundraiser/charity/2736512
- Amazon Smile / Easyfundrasing - search for Chesham Grammar Parent Teachers Association.
- EBay - https://charity.ebay.co.uk/charity/CHESHAM-GRAMMAR-SCHOOL-PARENT-TEACHER-ASSOCIATION/2736512
There are quite a few names in the email list that we recognise as already having an older sibling at the school, and we hope you will all help to welcome the new parents (and students too!).
Caroline Doughty Smith and Pru Murray, both have year 8 children and are committee members, they have offered to help ease new year 7 parents into CGS life over the next few months, and we are all here to answer any questions you might have.
We merged the call into an intro for committee members and class reps. Feel free to volunteer to do either one, or both, whatever you prefer. Join in on our zoom committee meetings as and when you can / would like to.
As soon as we have class lists we will start working on contact lists and share them with you. We do hope to be able to help host a few activities over the summer and early in the new term to help settle your children in.
In the meantime, if you have any questions please either reply here or check out the facebook page.
Thanks & best regards
Sue Valentine & Amanda Arnold
FOCGS Co Chairs